Sometimes Kent & I will talk about what we think is the coolest part of God’s creation. People or nature? What would you say? What’s really fun is when you can enjoy them both at the same time, and all for free!
The other night I crawled in bed with the kids and we talked about what fun things we wanted to do this summer. They each shouted out a few things and when we were done I looked over the list and realized that not one of them cost money, and most of them will be easy to pull off, too. 🙂
Here’s the list we came up with, and I thought it might inspire you to come up with your own list:
- Go to the airport park with a picnic to watch jets take off and land.
- Go to Lake Michigan beach when the jets are practicing for the air fair. (We love jets, can you tell? But we hate crowds and high ticket prices.)
- Go to another local beach by us, only 10 minutes away and free!
- Take some walks in the dark.
- Take some nature walks around our woods and out to the sand dunes. Play in the creek and throw stones in.
- Walk around downtown Rockford more.
- Walk around downtown Grand Rapids and visit a fire station there.
- Sleep in a tent in the back yard. (Maybe Dad will do that one.)
Rainy Day Ideas:
- Play outside in the rain.
- Play board games.
- Goof around with Google Maps on the computer.
- Play the Wii together.
Don’t those sound like fun? I’d love to hear more of your ideas in the comments. 🙂