Before we try to figure that out, first I’ll show you some crazy, upside-down, opposite of what you’d expect lessons that Jesus taught us…
- If you wish to be first, you must be last. From Mark 10:31. (Think about who you respect more – the one who let’s others go ahead, or the one who jumps in front of the line?)
- When someone wrongs you, don’t repay with another wrong. (Is revenge ever pretty?)
- If you want to be great, serve others. (For real happiness there is nothing like the feeling of helping someone.)
- Love your enemies. (Only possible with God’s grace.)
- True joy is found in dying to yourself. (Being unselfish when it’s most difficult.)
- If you want to live, you must die. (Die to self that is. Easy to say, not easy to do. An understatement or what?)
- So what’s “good” about Good Friday?
Do you wonder what happened on Good Friday, why it’s called “Good”, and what Christians celebrate on that day?
I found some very concise, accurate and easy to understand explanations on About.com of all places:
Be sure to follow some of the links there that explain the crucifixion or other aspects of the Christian faith. And one link answers the question, “Why did Jesus have to die?”
As always, let me know if you have a question that I can try to help you with.
I pray that the rest of your Holy Week is Holy and that you have a very special Easter!